Meditation has many benefits for your emotional well-being and overall health. A morning meditation can help you remain calm throughout the day and when practiced in the evening it may help promote a good night’s sleep. Meditation may also be useful in relieving stress and anxiety.
Creating lasting change can be difficult. Failure can be a result of not having a plan or giving up before you reach the goal. Good intentions are not enough to bring about success.
Your emotions play an important role in your health and well-being. It’s typical to think only of your physical body when it comes to health but balancing your emotions is crucial to overall wellness.
Did you know that your mood and emotions are affected by diet and exercise? Well they are!
Research shows that consuming 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day will put you in a better mood. And, when you’re in a good mood you are more likely to eat a healthier diet.Read more...
Chakras are the centers in your body through which energy flows. There are seven energy centers, chakras, in your body, starting at the base of the spine and moving up to the top of the head. Each one is associated with specific organs and glands, physical functions, and emotional, mental and spiritual issues.
When energy in the chakras is blocked it can often lead to illness.
1. Root — Its role is to connect all of your energy with the Earth, referred to as grounding.
- Located at the base of the spine in the tailbone area.
- Color: Red
- Essential oil: Vetiver
2. Sacral — Is about your identity as a human and what you do with it.
- Located in the lower abdomen.
- Color: Orange
- Essential oil: Ylang ylang
3. Solar Plexus — The ability to be confident and in control of your life.
- Located in the upper abdomen, stomach area.
- Color: Yellow
- Essential oil: Lemon
4. Heart — The ability to love, including love for others and for self. Also associated with health and healing.
- Located at the center of chest just above the heart.
- Color: Green
- Essential oil: Lavender
5. Throat — The ability to communicate. It gives a voice to your personal truths.
- Located in the throat.
- Color: Blue
- Essential oil: Frankincense
6. Third Eye — The ability to focus on and see the big picture.
- Located on the forehead between the eyes.
- Color: Indigo
- Essential oil: Sandalwood
7. Crown — Represents your ability to be fully connected spiritually.
- Located at the very top of the head.
- Color: Violet or White
- Essential oil: Peppermint
Essential oils are an effective way to bring balance to the chakras. When the scent of an essential oil is inhaled, molecules that are absorbed start to work on your emotional and physical health.
Hey, want to learn how essential oils can support your physical and emotional well-being for life? Click the button below for a deeper dive!
New Class coming in October — Autumn Essence, Essential Oils DIY in a box. Click here for more info.