Have you survived a serious health scare and not known what to do to restore and maintain your health? Or do you hope to avoid serious illness and not know how to go about it or if there is anything you CAN do to prevent it.
Do you want to feel better and improve your physical and emotional well-being but struggle to do it on your own?
There are many different ways to fast and the one I’m talking about is short term fasting. It’s rather easy and really good for you. Your body uses a lot of energy and resources to digest food. When you don’t eat for an extended period of time you’re giving your body a break from digestion and a chance to focus on other things.
Only a few supplies are needed and it takes about 3-5 days depending upon the type of seed. Sprouts are grown indoors and take up very little space. You can buy fancy seed sprouters but I grow mine in mason jars.
Do you shop for products, including cosmetics, that are safe? Are your eyes drawn to packaging with words like “natural” or “pure” across the front? You assume since the label is marked “natural” you’re good to go. That may not be the case.
Unfortunately products with those labels may still contain a laundry list of ingredients that could be hazardous to your health. This is called greenwashing. The label makes you feel like you’re getting a trustworthy product but once you start researching the ingredients you discover otherwise.
A list of toxins that can be found in cosmetics:
- Coal tar
- Lake dye
- Mineral oil
- Nano particles
- Petroleum based ingredients
- Synthetic colorants
- Synthetic fragrances
What can you do? Start looking for makeup that is:
- toxin free
- plant based
- responsibly sourced
To learn about the brand I use, click the button below to check out my Discover Clean Beauty class or contact me.
A partial list of toxins that may be found in common personal care products:
- Aluminum: found in antiperspirants and deodorants
- Fragrance: found in almost anything that has a scent
- Oxybenzone: found in sunscreen
- Parabens: found in shower products, lotion, deodorant, and more
- Petroleon (Mineral Oil): found in lotion, cream, lip balm, and skin care products.
- Phthalates: found in fragrant products such as soap.
- Propylene Glycol: found in shampoo, toothpaste, shaving foam, body washes and facial cleansers.
- Retinyl palmitate or retinol: commonly found in lotion, moisturizer, chapstick, sunscreen, and lip balm
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate: commonly found in most skincare products.
- Talc: commonly found in baby powder and deodorant.
- Triclosan: found in liquid soap, toothpaste, laundry detergent, shampoo, etc.