"The greatest of follies is to sacrifice health for any other kind of happiness." ― Arthur Schopenhauer

Does creating a toxin-free home sound like a daunting task? It doesn’t have to be. Especially if you use the tips below. Tackling toxins and eliminating, or reducing, your exposure to them is important for your health.

1 in 2 women will develop cancer, and 1 in 8 will be diagnosed with breast cancer, in their lifetime. Only about 5% of cancers are caused by genes, the remaining 95% are linked to diet, lifestyle, and exposure to toxins. The more action you take to live an anti-cancer lifestyle the less likely you are to get it.

2 Easy Ways to Ditch Household Toxins
  • Room by Room
  • By Product Type
Room By Room Method
  1. Pick a room. Look at the products in the cupboards, cabinets, on countertops, in drawers, closets, etc
  2. Check the labels for toxic ingredients. Download my list of common household toxins HERE. Or, download the EWG or Think Dirty apps and search for the product.
  3. Make a list of the the items that need to be replaced.
  4. Shop for toxin-free alternatives.
  5. Use up or throw away the items once you have replacements.
  6. Go to the next room.
  7. Repeat the process until you’ve gone through each room in the house including the garage.
Product Type Method
  1. Pick a category of products such as soap, makeup or cleaners.
  2. Check the labels for toxic ingredients. Download my list of common household toxins HERE. Or, download the EWG or Think Dirty apps and search for the product.
  3. Make a list of the the items that need to be replaced.
  4. Shop for toxin-free alternatives.
  5. Use up or throw away the items once you have replacements.
  6. Go to the next product category.
  7. Repeat the process until you’ve gone through all product categories.
Depending on where you live, you many be able to find toxin-free products in local grocery, big box or health food stores. If not, conduct online searches, read the list of ingredients, and purchase from reputable, trustworthy companies.

Be extremely cautious of scented products including candles and air fresheners as most fragrances are synthetic and created with chemicals. Even those containing essential oils can be harmful as many are derived with harsh chemicals, have been diluted, or are produced synthetically in a lab.

One of my favorite brands, for many years, of personal care and household cleaning products, is Young Living. Several years ago, I visited one of their farms and toured a manufacturing and distribution facility. It was really interesting to see plant material being distilled and then bottled as essential oil. The testing labs were also very fascinating.

Young Living uses sustainably sourced, plant-based ingredients and THE highest quality essential oils, backed by a Seed to Seal™ quality commitment. All ingredients are listed on the label and their products are made with no parabens, phthalates, sulfates, dyes, or synthetic fragrances.

Learn more and get Young Living cleaners and personal care items by clicking the button below.


Don’t let ridding your home of toxins make you feel overwhelmed. Take it slow and methodically and before you know it you’ll be done!

Good health is not by chance but by choice!!! You got this!
Love what you read here? Subscribe for updates.


Follow me on Social:


Note: There may be affiliate links in this post. • I am not a doctor. All information is for educational use only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional.

0 Comments

Leave a Comment