"What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality" ― Plutarch
Chakras are the centers in your body through which energy flows. There are seven of these energy centers, chakras, in the body, starting at the base of the spine and moving up to the top of the head. Each one is associated with specific organs and glands, physical functions, and emotional, mental and spiritual issues.
When energy in the chakras is blocked it can often lead to illness.
1. Root — Its role is to connect all of your energy to the Earth, referred to as grounding, and gives you a strong, stable foundation on which to build the rest of your life.
Located at the base of the spine in the tailbone area.
Essential oils: Cedarwood, Patchouli, Vetiver
2. Sacral — Is about your identity as a human and what you do with it. It is about change, flow, and spontaneity.
Located in the center of the pelvis.
Essential oils:Fennel, Rose, Sage, and Ylang ylang
3. Solar Plexus — It is the home to your decision making mind. It relates to your confidence, motivation, personal power, ego, and identity.
Located in the upper abdomen, stomach area.
Essential oil: Lemon, Peppermint, Pine, and Sage
4. Heart — It is related to love, compassion, gratitude, forgiveness, and healing. It’s a balancing point and a bridge that links the body and mind.
Located at the center of chest just above the heart.
Essential oil: Lavender, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, and Tea Tree
5. Throat — The ability to communicate and is related to sound and your sense of hearing.
Located in the center of the throat.
Essential oil: Frankincense, Clove, Tea Tree, and Eucalyptus
6. Third Eye — The ability to focus on and see the big picture. Gives you a wide, balanced perception.
Located on the forehead between the eyes.
Essential oil: Sandalwood, Clary Sage, Juniper, and Melissa
7. Crown — It it related to pure consciousness and represents your ability to be fully connected spiritually.
Located at the very top of the head.
Color: Violet or White
Essential oil: Lavender, Rose, Frankincense, and Helichrysum
Each chakra also has connections to elements, foods, gems and more. To read more about chakras two books I recommend are The Chakra Directory by Vicki Howie and Chakra Healing by Margarita Alcantara.
Essential oils are an effective way to bring balance to the chakras. When the scent of an essential oil is inhaled, molecules that are absorbed start to work on your emotional and physical health. To discover how essential oils work click the button below.
Love what you read here? Subscribe for updates.
Follow me on Social:
Note: There may be affiliate links in this post. • I am not a doctor. All information is for educational use only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional.