“Change is inevitable but personal growth is a choice.” — Bob Proctor
Translated, vita flex means “vitality through the reflexes.” Vita flex points are a complete network of reflex points that stimulate internal body systems. More than 1500 vita flex points are located throughout the body, many of them are on the bottoms of the feet and the palms of the hands.
The graphics below show where they are and the body part they correspond to.
The Vita Flex points are a great place to apply essential oils. The majority of the time the oils are applied to the bottoms of the feet as opposed to the hands. Mostly because they will remain in contact with the skin longer. Plus, there are over 2,000 pores on the bottoms of the feet and some of the largest pores found on the body.
It is especially useful to apply essential oils to Vita Flex points if you are using an oil that has a very pungent odor or one you find unpleasant. Our sense of smell is very different from one another. What I find appealing you may not and vice versa. Also, some people have a much more keen sense of smell than others.
There is actually a vita flex technique which is a specialized form of hand and foot massage that is very effective in delivering the benefits of essential oils throughout the body. Most often this technique is done on the hands and feet and focuses on the reflex points that connect to the area of the body you’d like to support. You can perform the technique without essential oils if you choose.
The Vita Flex technique can alleviate pain and discomfort rather quickly, as well as improve your physical and emotional well-being. It uses a rolling and releasing motion that involves using the finger and fingertips and pressure.
Essential Oils With Vita Flex Technique
- Put one to three drops of essential oil in the palm of your hand. Take the pads of your fingers and rub the oil (usually in a clockwise motion) in your palm.
- Find the reflex point on the vita flex chart that you want to address. Start with the pads of your fingers, flat on the skin, over the reflex point and roll up on the fingertips and continue over onto the fingernails, using medium pressure, then release.
- Slide the hand forward about 1/2 inch continually repeating the rolling and releasing technique.
- The rolling should be a continuous motion with medium pressure being placed on the reflex point. Never press a reflex point and hold, always roll with gradually increasing pressure.
- The rolling motion should be done three times over the same spot. Repeat this rolling and releasing technique until the specific Vita Flex point is covered.
The Vita Flex Technique is an ancient technique that is said to have originated in Tibet thousands of years ago. It was perfected by Stanley Burroughs in the 1960s.
Have you heard the phrase, “What’s old is new again?” There are many natural health modalities that have been passed down through the ages that can still be effectively utilized today. That includes the healing power of plants.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
Sign up for my FREE essential oil email course to learn the basics. Click HERE,
Connect with me. I’ll help you figure out what oils may be beneficial to you based on your needs. Click the button below.
Ready to order? Click HERE. Easy peasy.
Love what you read here? Subscribe for updates.
Follow me on Social:
Note: There may be affiliate links in this post. • I am not a doctor. All information is for educational use only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional.