Have you ever used a far-infrared sauna? They provide a way to remove toxins from the body through sweat from your pores. Plus the heat feels good on aging bones. ;-) Look for infrared saunas at your local wellness center, massage therapist, gym, or spa.
Far-infrared saunas produce high energy, through light, as opposed to high heat and steam like you’d find in a traditional sauna. Infrared saunas operate at a lower temperature and produce a dry heat.
Toxins build up in your body from a variety of sources including food, cleaning and personal care items, and your environment. You are exposed to hundreds of toxic chemicals every day.
An overabundance of toxins stored in the body can have many adverse effects on your health. Toxins can cause damage to DNA , the nervous system and brain, increase your risk of dementia, disrupt the endocrine system, and cause obesity. Thankfully toxins can be excreted in sweat.
Far Infrared Sauna Benefits
- Stress relief
- Immune system support
- Heart health
- Reduce risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Relief from arthritis, muscle aches and joint pain
- Reduced recovery time from strenuous activity
- Assist in weight loss
- Decreased inflammation
- Skin conditions including aging
- Sessions are typically 30-45 minutes
- Wear comfortable lightweight clothes like shorts and a tank time
- Drink plenty of water so you stay hydrated. Take a water bottle in the sauna with you.
- Stretch during your session to increase flexibility
- Use the time spent in the sauna to relax. Bring a book, meditate, listen to a podcast or YouTube video.
- 3-4 times a week is recommended
EMF will negate any benefits you may receive from the sauna and expose you to other health risks. Do research before using or purchasing a sauna to make sure it has a low EMF rating.
Remember to consult your physician before using a sauna if you're on medication or have any pre-existing conditions .
JUST RELEASED - Destination Wellness - The Foundation a course designed to be your blueprint to a healthy lifestyle. Click the button below for all the details.