Prevention is the most effective tool when it comes to safeguarding your wellness. A “natural” lifestyle is all about incorporating daily practices and products that support health and well-being.
Those practices include eating nutritious foods, being physically active, getting enough sleep, and minimizing stress. They all can have positive affects on your immune system for the long term.
Eat as many whole, unprocessed plant foods as possible. They can help you feel better and may even help you avoid or reverse disease. Changing what you eat and your relationship with food is extremely beneficial to your physical health.
For optimal health incorporate both aerobic activity and strength training into your fitness routine. Increase your heart rate by performing moderate to vigorous activity, at least three times a week for 30-60 minutes.
Get 7-8 hours of sleep a night to maintain a healthy body and mind. Put these practices in place to help you sleep:
- Go to bed and get up at the same time every day.
- Turn off the TV and electronic devices 1-2 hours before going to bed.
- Design your environment so it is conducive to sleep. Quiet and dark.
- Maintain an aerobic exercise program.
- Use essential oils to promote a sense of calm and relaxation.
Actions you can take to handle unwanted stress:
- Perform an intentional breathing practice.
- Manage your emotions.
- Schedule quiet time into each day.
- Participate in a relaxing activity.
- Use essential oils to support your mood and emotions.
A couple of my favorite things to incorporate daily are an antioxidant drink and essential oils. Once I started incorporating these two things, my well-being shifted dramatically.
Thanks to my favorite antioxidant drink, I feel more energized—and I don’t remember the last time I saw a doctor for anything other than a routine checkup! Essential oils help calm and relax my mind after a busy day so I fall asleep more easily.
If you haven’t yet, click here to get my guide, 4 “natural” ways to support your immune system.